The account supervisor ensures that client needs are met by monitoring and guiding account services activities, and by maintaining an effective level of direct contact with clients. The account supervisor bears final responsibility for the account’s growth and profitability, and the development of the account team members (coordinators and executives).
The account supervisor leads the development of strategic marketing plans for their clients. After the plans are developed and presented to clients, the account supervisor is also responsible for gaining new business from existing clients.
All Crawford team members are expected to exemplify our agency’s five Core Values, listed below.
QUALITY – Commitment to high standards and pride of ownership.
RESPONSIBILITY – Consistently reliable and accountable for work product.
FLEXIBILITY – Open to new things and ideas – adventurous.
RESPECT – Esteem and appreciation for each other, our clients, and our community.
ATTITUDE – Positive and supportive attitude.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures client relations are positive and stable; and that senior leadership is immediately informed of any potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Meets with account services team on a regular basis to review their activities
- Evaluates account services team performance on at least an annual basis; Guides account services team in career and skills development
- Provides clients with clear access to senior management
- Drafts, reviews, and implements strategic communications plans with support from the team
- Ensures client needs are properly and efficiently staffed; effectively delegates and enables skill expansion of account services team members
- Reviews and approves estimates, quotes and unquoted invoices to ensure budget requirements are met and profitability maintained
- Manage and facilitate campaign conceptual directions, major media and public relations plans and creative strategies to ensure strategic marketing objectives remain in focus
- Maintains awareness of Crawford agency standards of quality and client brand standards and ensures all work is consistent with each; effectively manages client brand consistency and growth
- Seeks out opportunities to develop additional business from new or existing clients
- Draft proposals and presentation material for new business development opportunities
- Effectively presents, sells, and defends all agency work/proposals to clients; supports other client service team members in these functions
- Fills out creative briefs for all client projects, initiating kick-off meetings with creative for major concepting projects
- Ensures that financial management of accounts meets agency standards; facilitates client follow-up to ensure timeliness of accounts receivable
- Approves timesheets, time off requests, and expense disbursements from account services team
- Leads in agency/client contract negotiations
- Gain the confidence of the client and the client’s personnel so that they seek guidance and advice on a routine basis; keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments
- Supports and represents agency at various client, industry, and community functions
- 4-year college degree in marketing, communication, or related field and 5+ year’s work experience in the marketing industry; agency experience a plus
- High competency level on computer and software skills compatibility with job responsibilities, especially proficient in Microsoft Office tools and Outlook
Desired Interpersonal Qualities
- Advanced written and oral communication and listening skills
- Analytical thinking, personal organization and interpersonal dynamics
- Must be a capable personnel manager, with team-building skills and mentoring abilities
- Exhibits effective leadership, excellent judgement and the ability to respond quickly to solve problems
- A clear understanding of today’s marketing and advertising business and a keen sense of entrepreneurship are essential
- Demonstrates quality of work, responsibility, flexibility, respect, and positive attitude