This role is responsible for leading public relations efforts for the agency’s largest accounts. This individual will have a minimum of 12 years of successful experience in news media (editorial or production), agency, and/or corporate environments.
This is a flexible/hybrid role, whereby candidates can work in our Greenville, S.C. office or remotely from Atlanta, Charlotte, Nashville, or similar metros. If the candidate resides outside of Greenville, there is an expectation of working in the Greenville office for 3-4 days each month.
Candidates should be able to comfortably identify media targets, storylines, and approaches to generate features and business coverage. Candidates should be strong writers with an eye for visual and creative storytelling. Candidates must have a keen understanding of what media are covering and how that relates to our clients’ brand positioning and strategy in order to achieve results.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications or business with strong knowledge of public relations best practices. Candidates should enjoy collaboration and proactive relationship-building with clients, media, and other Crawford team members.
The ideal candidate will have a natural sense of urgency around their work and ability to juggle multiple deadlines while maintaining strong attention to detail across all communications. This role requires insight and resourcefulness to effectively produce, measure, and optimize results.
Spearhead the development of PR strategies with objectives, strategies, tactics, and news hooks that meet client business needs.
- Regularly interact with clients including executive leadership
- Support client service including preparing agendas, PR reports, email communications and actively participate in meetings and social engagements
- Understand key client information including business strategy, products and services, customer segments, and competitive landscape
Research, outline, write, edit, and proofread press materials including pitches, releases, Q&As, Op-Ed’s, and more.
- Lead local, regional, and national media outreach to generate meaningful results, including direct and outbound pitching and placement of coverage
- Strong familiarity with Cision Communications Cloud, with ability to identify target media and understand their communications needs
- Minimum of 12 years’ relevant experience, with a preference shown to candidates with both journalism and agency experience
- Writing samples and examples of coverage placed
- Familiarity with social media, influencer, and content marketing
- Established national and regional media relationships
- Project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree
We are a full-service marketing and branding agency in Greenville, S.C., providing a range of services including public relations, social media, advertising, SEO and SEM, video production, web design, and digital marketing.
At Crawford, our purpose is to help leaders lead. While many agencies focus on the client as a business or an organization, we focus on clients as individual leaders who need help achieving big and meaningful goals. Our niche is using vision driven communications to influence audiences as they face critical decisions.
Crawford is known for providing strategic and creative communications, highly responsive customer service and significant, award-winning results for our clients.
Agency Culture Philosophy:
We are an amazing group of talented team members who are hungry, humble, and smart. Collectively and individually, we have a desire to continually improve ourselves, our craft, and the company so we can be our very best. We recognize and respect the expertise that others bring and value the opportunity to collaboratively work as a team.
We also have a culture of kind candor. We would rather shine a light on a concern and discuss it, kindly and thoughtfully, than let it fester and become a bigger issue. There is value in addressing concerns head on so we can improve and be better.
As colleagues, we value the opportunity to build one another up to maintain an upbeat and positive work environment. Finally, we love to celebrate life. We celebrate anniversaries, birthdays, babies; they celebrate work wins and team growth; we celebrate the little things that add up to mean a lot.
A Best Place to Work:
Crawford has been included in the Best Places to Work list in South Carolina for the 5 years. We believe the best companies are comprised of people who share a set of values that guide their behavior—the way they interact with peers, with clients, with anyone.
These values matter:
- Be your absolute best: We hold ourselves to a high standard and continually strive to learn and grow and be a better version of ourselves each day.
- Be positive: While we can’t pretend that everything is perfect, we can look at problems with a glass-half-full approach and let positive energy radiate to others. When we do, we can influence outcomes in a positive way.
- Be a team player: We put we before me, and we know that none of us alone can do as much as we can together.
- Be trustworthy: We do what is right, even when no one is looking. We can be trusted with big things and small. We know trust is the foundation of any strong relationship.
- Be dependable: We do what we say we will we do. When we have agreed to a deliverable and timeline, we own it.
These values should be part of the DNA of every member of the team so the team collectively “fits.” When everyone values the same things, it creates a diverse culture of people with a shared esprit de corps.